Skin Superfood: Probiotics
ULTIMATE SKIN ALLIES
Simply put, probiotics are good for you, friendly bacteria that work with our own body to keep us healthy inside and out. They actually work hand in hand with our very own, unique ecosystem – also known as microbiome – which is central to our health. For example, you might recognize probiotics from yogurt, known to soothe and balance your stomach and gut. These same healthy probiotics are now clinically proven to help support skin health, locking in moisture and soothing the skin while acting as a protective shield. Beneficial probiotics lead to a balanced skin microbiome which leads to naturally healthy beautiful skin.
SKIN NUTRITION BENEFITS
A well-balanced skin microbiome protects our skin from external and internal attacks (pollution, blue light, stress, dehydration, premature aging etc.). Probiotics support the natural balance of our skin and its delicate microbiome for visibly healthy skin.
Probiotics may benefit the body in various ways, such as:
- Helping to balance the friendly bacteria in your digestive system
- Restoring balance to the microbiome after an illness or treatment, fighting off bad bacteria when there is too much of it
- Boosting your immune system by helping to inhibit the growth of harmful gut bacteria
- Helping to regulate your mood, and even improve some mental health conditions including depression, anxiety and stress.
- Helping to keep your heart healthy by lowering LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and blood pressure
- Regulating weight gain and belly fat